I’m not really fond of prepackaged herbal tea ☕️, I’ll make myself a cup, delight in its aroma, and then neglect it!
Then I realized I liked Passion Tea over ice but I was getting tired of the same ol flavor! While I was surfing Pinterest, I found information about foraging clover to make tea.
I was intrigued… I enlisted a flower picker…
…and together we picked a couple hundred Clover Blossoms!
- My husband bought me this beautiful blessings basket from church!
- Agness, a mother in Uganda 🇺🇬 made this basket!!
This basket is perfect for collecting flowers and herbs!!!
Preparing the Clover Blossoms and making the tea…
- I dehydrated the flowers for a few hours (you could make the tea with fresh flowers)
- Then I spooned 3 TB of flowers into my homemade teabag (I sewed cheesecloth together and secured the top with a twisty tie!) The typical ratio is 1 tablespoon per cup, but I didn’t crush the flowers so they took up more volume in the spoon… I soaked the teabag with a cinnamon stick for 2 minutes.
- Then I poured the tea over ice and tasted it… good and earthy… but I wanted something sweeter!
- I had read that orange zest could be added in the teabag for extra flavor… so I added a drop of citrus fresh essential oil
I LOVE it!
The kids love it!!
We all love it!!! 😍😍😍😍
Me drinking the tea after mowing the lawn in my white dress! 😂
💜Mmmm…I can’t wait for it to get warm here so I can start enjoying fresh herbal teas again. ☕🌱
LikeLiked by 1 person