Dutch Oven Cooking Class
Today we went to a class put on by the Missouri Conservation Department.
It was fabulous… and delicious 😋
It was all about how to cook with a Dutch oven!
We began our class with lots of important rules and instructions…
Be safe… Don’t enter the cooking circle!
(I want a cooking circle! I like how we cooked with charcoal briquettes.)
We learned how to heat the briquettes.
… then it was time to get cooking…
The boys made Cheesy Bread
- They made the recipe in a seperate bowl
- The Dutch oven was lined with parchment paper (for easy clean-up)
- The dough was poured into the Dutch oven
- Hot charcoal was put under and on top of the Dutch Oven
- The bread baked for about 40 minutes… Every 15 minutes the lid and the pot was turned to ensure even heating
Finished Yummy Cheesy Bread
Simone and her cousin assisted in making Upside Down Pineapple Cake.
The cake was sooooo delicious!!
One group made a child-friendly chili!
Eli had 2 bowls!!
I loved the spaghetti!
There was a pizza-box solar oven (too cloudy today to really work).
I can’t wait to go camping again and actually know how to cook!!
I’m so excited 😊