Kombucha vinegar toilet bowl cleaner 🚽
I was gifted some kombucha tea that had been brewed waaaay too long and it had turned into kombucha vinegar.
And boy did it stink to high heaven!
I didn’t want to just throw out the vinegar, so I decided to try to use it as a cleaner…
I strained the vinegar –
– And put it into a spray bottle! I also added some germ-fighter (aka thieves) essential oil into it for two reasons… to make it antibacterial and to smell better! 😆
I tried it as a window cleaner… fail.
I couldn’t bring myself to use it in the kitchen because the STRONG vinegar smell is quite unpleasant!
So I thought, “what’s worse then a vinegar smell… oh I know, the only working toilet in the house! (Remember our other bathroom is being worked on!)
I’ll spare you the pictures of our tiny downstairs bathroom 🚽 but let’s just say- the kombucha vinegar cleaned it very well and cut through the stinky bathroom smell!
I found a natural solution that actually leaves the bathroom smelling… well not like a bathroom! 😊
Brewing my own Kombucha Tea
I’ve made kombucha tea in the past- but wasn’t currently brewing any. I was super excited to get a healthy scoby to make my own tea!
- First I brewed black tea and green tea- 5 bags of each with 1 cup of sugar. (You could brew the teas together, I jut didn’t have another large jar to do it it)
- I combined the teas into a glass jar, and after it cooled I dropped in the scoby along with some “mother”.
- “Mother” is original tea/vinegar
- I ended up pouring some tea into a smaller bottle with a piece of the scoby so I can ferment it longer to make more vinegar!
- Finally I tied a dishcloth over the top
Now I wait!
I will put them in the pantry and wait…
… about 2 weeks for the tea and a month for the vinegar!