Making peppermint infused coconut oil for oil pulling and why I’m wearing the same dress for a month!
Wow! Now that’s a title! LOL 😂
I’ve been AWOL again so I figured I better interest ya’ll real fast!
So, what should I talk about first? The oil pulling or the dress?
I’ve been wearing the same beautiful white dress for 9 straight days now…
Ok… so why am I wearing this white dress everyday for a month?
I’m wearing the dress as quiet protest against the fashion industry…
the crazy expectations placed upon women and their bodies,
fast fashion which harms our beautiful Earth and it’s resources and the people making them in sweatshops,
and for me to contemplate just how much clothes I own while there are many people with barely enough to cover themselves!
I have begun reading the book 7: an experimental mutiny against excess by Jen Hatmaker. I’ve cried many times reading this as I realize I should be doing more for those who have less!
…and that’s why I’m wearing the same white dress for a month 😉
Now for the oil pulling…
Google Oil Pulling and you will learn about the health benefits of swishing coconut oil in your mouth for a few minutes.
I have swished coconut oil in my mouth several times, but the flavor is a bit gag-worthy… just too coconutty!
I have a forest of mint plants in my front yard, and I wanted to make something useful… I decided to infuse the mint oils into the coconut oil for oil pulling!
- Pick a bunch of peppermint!
- Pull the leaves off the stems, rip up the leaves 🍃 measure about a cup
- Boil (carefully) the leaves in 2 cups of coconut oil – stir often
- Let the leaves sit for 5 min
- Pour into a glass jar- staining off the leaves with a strainer or cheesecloth
- Look at how beautiful it is… such a glowing green!!!
- After the coconut oil cools and hardens it is ready- its now a sweet mint color!
- Put a spoonful in your mouth and swish it around for at least a minute… try for 5!
- Keep this in the fridge and use within a few days!
So easy! So good for your teeth!!! And wearing my apron over the white dress saved it from some bright green stains!!!